Citizens for Syria
a civil society organization established in Berlin 2013 with presence in Syria and Turkey. Citizens for Syria’s mission is supporting civil society actors in Syria, neighboring countries and connect those actors with international counterparts.
CfS is leading a consortium of of 5 organizations to implement a 3-year program inside Syria to support the civil society, the program team will be independently managing the program and coordinating with all partners
To provide support for top level executives by providing executive level administrative support by providing clerical support, receiving visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Answering and directing Correspondence to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages. open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- perform data entry and scan documents
- manage calendar for program manager
- schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Managers Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Overseeing administrative policies within the projects; recommending changes as appropriate
- Provide payroll processing. Answer questions regarding payroll
- Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation
- Book flights and support in logistics of steering committee and executive team meetings and workshops
- S. in Management or related field
- Proved experience in administrative support or executive assistance
- Problem solving ability
- proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- good research skills and attention to detail
- Experience in accounting, payroll, or finance preferred
- Fluent/Native English, German and Arabic languages are a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- A corresponding salary scale
- Responsible and independent work in a pleasant environment
- Working with a young and dynamic group
How to Apply
Job type: part-time
Work location: Berlin, Germany
Job Purpose: The consortium is interested in hiring a program Manager to oversee the main executive team to coordinate the work of all partners and ensure a smooth implementation of tasks. The program director will be also the main point of contact with donors and will be responsible for further fundraising for the program.
In the framework of civil society support program, a capacity building coordinator will be responsible for coordinating between partners in their training and coaching activities and between trainers and domain experts hired by the program, along with developing the capacity of the training team.