Citizens for Syria is a civil society organization established in Berlin 2013 with presence in Syria and Turkey. With many years of experience in the Syrian crisis, our team joins both a deep understanding of the Syrian context through long experience with the civil society activities during and prior to the revolution and concrete connections to the international movements and organizations, as well as an academic and professional experience in technical, research and managerial fields.
Citizens for Syria is a catalyst for cooperation and exchange of experiences and information between Syria civil society actors and civil society organizations from around the world. We remove obstacles preventing such cooperating and help forging trust and mutual respect among organizations. To that end, we grow and sustain a network of civil society actors both in Syria and the Euro-med space to support Democracy, Diversity and Development in Syria now and in the aftermath.
Citizens for Syria is registered in Germany as Citizens for Syria e.V. a non-profit organization with the reference number (VR 32720 B) and represented in Turkey by Sosyal Calışma Derneği (SCD) a non-profit organization registered in Gaziantep under the number (85494399-477.01.01) to facilitate the implementation of projects in Turkey and inside Syria.
Democratic and peaceful Syria with a vivid civil society actively participating in the international movements for liberties and peace.
- Citizenship: We believe in citizenship as a foundation of equality and active participation to change
- Adherence to the aspirations of the Syrian people: as Freedom, Dignity, Justice
- Solidarity: we express and urge solidarity with all freedom-seeking movements worldwide
- Professional services: we are a group of experts who provide services with the highest standards
- Equality and Inclusion: We will work with all organizations/communities regardless of religion, ethnicity, gender, sect or race
- Transparency and Accountability: We will ensure the funding we receive is directed towards our actual work
- Credibility: We will not accept any funding/donations from individuals/organizations that undermine our core integrity or principles, or compromise the sincerity or reputation of the organization and representatives
- Partnership: We will only partner with organizations, who share common values and aims
- Non-Discrimination: We will not undertake anything that promotes sectarian, ethnic or religious propaganda whether by individuals or groups
Citizens for Syria intends to build a network that brings activists and organizations from or interested in Syria in one place to collaborate on projects and exchange knowledge, to support the Syrian people and take a part in a global movement of solidarity.