Citizens for Syria
a civil society organization established in Berlin 2013 with presence in Syria and Turkey. Citizens for Syria’s mission is supporting civil society actors in Syria, neighboring countries and connect those actors with international counterparts.
CfS is leading a consortium of of 5 organizations to implement a 3-year program inside Syria to support the civil society, the program team will be independently managing the program and coordinating with all partners
In the framework of civil society support program, a capacity building coordinator will be responsible for coordinating between partners in their training and coaching activities and between trainers and domain experts hired by the program, along with developing the capacity of the training team.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the development of curricula and translation in all training subjects agreed by the executive team and the consortium partners
- Maintain the communication with the team of experts and coordinate the communication between them and the training staff
- Oversee the development of training at all partners and distribute the lessons learned among all partners
- Contribute to maintaining capacity across all teams and ensure that all trainers and experts are well-qualified in their areas of training/coaching. and support collaboration between staff and partner organizations.
- Promote a culture of high quality and achievement by vigorously managing the Capacity Building service against targets and identifying and implementing improvements in service levels and efficiency.
- Coordinate intra-partner training courses and workshops inside or outside Syria
- Develop and maintain a database of existing materials. And develop partnerships with other agencies working in the same domain and share experiences
- Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the organizations.
- Ensure that the work of the Capacity Building team remains in line with the contractual targets, outputs and outcomes and that the service is delivered on time and on budget in line with operational plans.
- Work with the Finance and Facilities Manager to manage the budget for business improvement support services and related activities, identifying any potential risks
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
- Lead the development of policy and best practice within the Capacity Building service, maintaining the Capacity Building Service Handbook as a repository of procedures, learning and performance standards.
- post-graduate degree or higher in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- 3-5 years of working experience in training and coaching, mainly in civil society related settings
- 1-2 years of management experience in capacity development
- Fluent/Native English and Arabic Speaker
- Demonstrated ability to implement a complex program, manage a range of staff and with strong emphasize on developing their capacities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- A corresponding salary scale
- Responsible and independent work in a pleasant environment
- Working with a diverse and dynamic group
- The opportunity to travel and participate in related conferences and workshops
How to apply:
To apply please fill in the following form