Citizens for Syria
a civil society organization established in Berlin 2013 with presence in Syria and Turkey. Citizens for Syria’s mission is supporting civil society actors in Syria, neighboring countries and connect those actors with international counterparts.
CfS is leading a consortium of of 5 organizations to implement a 3-year program inside Syria to support the civil society, the program team will be independently managing the program and coordinating with all partners
The consortium is interested in hiring a program Manager to oversee the main executive team to coordinate the work of all partners and ensure a smooth implementation of tasks. The program director will be also the main point of contact with donors and will be responsible for further fundraising for the program.
The Consortium Program Manager provides advice and leadership on the development and implementation of the civil society support program. this requires being responsible for the overall management of all aspects of the of the program, including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, capacity building of program staff, reporting, and evaluation of the program and preparing periodic report, donor report as well close coordination with other partners.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and administrate all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
- Work closely with the MEAL Unit to support and provide technical inputs in the development of methodology, to track program performance, impact on beneficiaries and spillover effects. Support the setup of a strong complaint and feedback mechanism through soliciting, receiving, processing and responding to the feedback and complaints received from beneficiaries and other relevant community stakeholders.
- Coordinate with program, finance, logistic and administrative staff to ensure systems complies with donor, CfS and the consortium policies and procedures.
- Ensure community involvement and protection mainstreaming in all phases of the program cycle.
- Preparing, organizing and participating in the meetings of the program’s steering committee
- Coordinating with points of contact of all partners and implementation teams
- Ensuring the adherence of all partners to the milestones, deliverables, reporting deadlines and agreed activities. and resolve problems and overlapping that might occur
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Follow up the implementation of financial policies and HR policies related to work, and ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standard
- MSc/MA in management or a relevant field
- 3-5 years of working experience in planning, managing and implementing civil society related programs is essential. Consortia a plus.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing and managing such programs in a conflict setting is essential.
- Excellent Knowledge in the Syrian conflict and the civil society work in Syria.
- Previous experience in remote management strongly recommended. Along with ability to coordinate between several parties
- Experience in people management, team building, problem solving and decision making in a fragile context.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a complex program, manage a range of staff and with strong emphasize on developing their capacities.
- Strong interpersonal, social/diplomacy skills. Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- Ability to travel to the middle east region, in addition to accommodation in Berlin
- Fluent/Native English and Arabic Speaker.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to understand complex security situations and adjust operations accordingly. Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- A corresponding salary scale.
- Responsible and independent work in a pleasant environment
- Working with an international and dynamic group
How to apply:
To apply please fill in the following form
Job type: Full time
Work location: Germany (Preferably) turkey, Lebanon
Job years of experience: 5
Job Purpose: The consortium is interested in hiring a program Manager to oversee the main executive team to coordinate the work of all partners and ensure a smooth implementation of tasks. The program director will be also the main point of contact with donors and will be responsible for further fundraising for the program.
In the framework of civil society support program, a capacity building coordinator will be responsible for coordinating between partners in their training and coaching activities and between trainers and domain experts hired by the program, along with developing the capacity of the training team.